Almost every day i get asked questions such as, “why do you work out so much?” “how do you have time to work out”? “why do you bother”?…
I also get told things such as “i dont have time to work out” and “working out is boring”.
I’ve been active and working out since i can remember. Soccer, tennis, basketball, volleyball, swimming… and the latest running, powerwalks and yoga. Right now I practice yoga for 40-50 minutes 3 times per week and go for really fast powerwalks for 1h 4-5 days a week, I absolutely love it!
There is definitely no reason or excuse to not do some kind of exercise. Just like me, many people have a busy schedule, but there is always time for exercise, and if not… make time, it’s worth it!
Here are the reasons for why i go running & powerwalking and think you should try it if you haven’t already:
1) It’s very good for your health.- Keeps you body, soul and MIND young and fit.
2) Alone time. – everybody needs to get away from everything and everyone some times.
3) Handles stress – when you are stressed, a good long walk or run is the right medicine. Helps you think about other things.
4) Hello goreous body! – who doesn’t want a toned, strong beautiful body?
5) makes you feel good – After this type of workout you will definitely feel happy with yourself.
6) ENERGY – running and powerwalking is my source of energy, makes me less tired. When i need to study for a whole day i have a make sure i have a break in the middle of the day for a long walk or run. That gives me enough energy to keep studying for the rest of the day.
7) Sometimes it’s really nice to meet up with friends for a run or powerwalk. Working out with friends keeps you motivated and makes it more fun!
8) Decisions,decisions – This gives you time alone with your thoughts, while im out walking i make most of my decisions concerning work, school and life.
So, invest in a new pair of runners and hit the streets!
A tip for those who have extremely hectic lives and think they don’t have time for a run 2-3 times a week: This is how you should start the day. Get up 1,5 hours earlier than usual and you will this have all day for your normal routines. Or if you already get up at 5 am, finish your day with a powerwalk.